Saturday, February 14, 2009

A Moment To Brag About

I realize that this entry is one big pat on my back but I want to post it anyway. We were out to dinner with Dad Waring and Jody at a place called Billy's. Dinner was long but Mateusz didn't seem to mind. He was playing, eating, talking, and acting like a polite little boy. When the server brought the check she looked at me and stated the following (I swear I am not making this up!): "What a very well behaved little boy. If I didn't see him I wouldn't have known he was even there. He is so good. Mom, keep up the good work." Yeahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! I am taking that comment and moment and basking in it! It may never be said again so I am running with it and am VERY proud at this time. That comment by a total stranger made my night.
Another happening that I need to document is something that I have been waiting for since we brought Te home in 2006. I assumed that when we adopted him he would instantly accept me as Mommy since he was only 16 months old. I soon understood that this was not the case even though I had been warned. Te has always gone to Daddy. He is just a Daddy's boy and has bonded with him since day one. I, on the other hand, have really had to work hard to teach Te that women are OK and will not hurt him, leave him, etc. Te has never run to me to seek comfort or cuddled with me on the couch during a story etc. Until now. I have realized that what I have worked so hard to do with my baby boy is finally happening and it feels really good! My Te runs to me, hugs me with 2 arms (good and tight), cuddles with me, says "Mommy I love you all the time", kisses me without me asking / telling him to, and is content on just having me hold him on my lap. These are the moments I have been waiting for. These are the moments that I never realized I needed to teach him. These are the moments I live for. These will be the moments I miss when he gets older. Mateusz, Mommy loves you all the time!

2 comments:

Claudette said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Claudette said...

Dear Cherie,

I'm so happy for you. Thanks for sharing.

Love,
Aunt Claudette