Friday, September 3, 2010

Teacher - Mommy

I had the opportunity to volunteer my time on my day off at Mateusz's school today. I had 2 things on my agenda - 1. Help his teacher out in any way I could since the aide was not in until the afternoon and 2. spy on Te. I was introduced to the children as Mrs. Waring and although I know that my last name IS Waring, I was thrown off a bit and found myself looking for Mom Waring (Nonni). I also instantly felt my age. That moment left me wondering when life moved on and how lucky I was to have Te as my son. I am a Mommy and LOVE it! I was able to work with all the children and we made mice out of various shapes. I actually made the time a bit longer and incorporated letter sounds, rhyming words, spelling, and memory. I enjoyed every bit of it and look forward to my time next week (yup - I volunteered for more!). I had several children want to give me a hug when I left and feel I made Te proud. He waved to me throughout the class and asked me to stay and teach them more. Te calls me "Teacher - Mommy" when we do homework or play school to practice his writing etc. He seems to truly enjoy the learning process even though his focus can shift like the track of a hurricane. I am very proud of Te and love watching him grow into such a wonderful little gentleman. Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...


The Loan Fund worked extensively with me to help me anticipate some of the issues that my business may face. Not many lenders would go to that length. They’ve been extremely supportive and a great resource.
Working with Mr Pedro helped me develop my business plan, ideas and brand before getting started, so I was prepared to open a successful business when I received my loan from Mr Pedro, a loan officer with a huge heart of honesty.
Contact Mr Pedro on pedroloanss@gmail.com / WhatsApp+1 863 231 0632 .